Quality Control Technician
Primary Position Objective
To open the precast plant with another qualified person and prepare for the arrival of the production team.
Perform pre-pour and post-pour inspections of precast concrete products.
Department: Quality Control
Department Head: QA/QC Manager
Reports to: QA/QC Manager
- Lead the quality control team to test raw materials and fresh concrete and conduct pre-pour and post-pour inspections. Notify appropriate personnel when test and inspection results do not meet established standards.
- Oversee the batch plant operations to ensure the daily production of good quality concrete. Coordinate delivery of concrete with production personnel.
- Evaluate existing concrete mix designs and recommend improvements, as necessary.
- Hire, train and supervise quality control team members to conduct the work.
- Maintain the Quality System Manual.
- Maintain the approved vendor list for purchasing.
- Obtain procedures from engineering to correct nonconforming assemblies and products.
- Maintain welder certification requirements and records.
- Maintain the quality control records.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Professional and positive communication and conduct
- Familiar with reading blueprints
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to lift 50-60 pounds
- Strive for Continuous Improvement
- This job is a night shift and has the opportunity to become a full-time position
- Attendance is crucial for this position
- Drivers’ license is required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in the classification and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.