We believe in collaboration
You deserve a positive experience. Dutchland, Inc. manufactures and constructs quality precast concrete environmental solutions for value-centric customers. We put the focus on you and solving your needs, whatever they may be.
Honor God in everything
Exhibit integrity, quality and professionalism
Enhance our employees’ quality of life
You want full-service design, manufacturing & construction
Dutchland, Inc. is an innovative industry leader, producing precast prestressed concrete structures for water and wastewater applications. As a full service firm, Dutchland specializes in engineering, production, construction and warranting of structures that are generally utilized for:
Potable Water Treatment and Storage Tanks
Wastewater Treatment Facilities
Stormwater Detention Tanks
Dutchland, Inc. Services:
Estimates and budgets
Engineering and drafting
Fabrication of precast post-tensioned concrete elements
Fabrication of on-site base slabs
Erection of precast post-tensioned elements
Installation of mechanical equipment and instrumentation
Testing, start-up and training
We believe in the value of experience… Our History
- Founded in 1969 by Daniel and Katie Kauffman as Daniel E Kauffman Excavating.
- Started with Dan, Katie, their kids and a few employees, installing residential drain fields and septic tanks.
- In 1981, the family business built its first small wastewater treatment plant designed to treat approximately 10,000 gallons per day.
- In 1985, Dan and Katie changed the name of the business from Daniel E. Kauffman Excavating to Dutchland, Incorporated, named for the German and Swiss communities that inhabit Lancaster County Pennsylvania.
- Through the mid 1980’s, Dutchland, Inc. experimented with manufacturing precast concrete wall systems to construct larger wastewater treatment plants, the beginning of the precast, post-tensioned concrete products for which Dutchland, Inc. is now known for.
- Dutchland continued to research and develop new methods of advanced wastewater treatment, working closely with the PA DEP (then known as DER) and experts at Penn State University to refine concepts for biological nutrient removal (BNR).
- By the late 1980’s, Dutchland also began producing pumping stations, box culverts, and other products closely associated with the water and wastewater industry. The second generation of Kauffman Family members became fully involved in the business, including Ben and Lee Kauffman, and Mary Ann Kauffman-Stoltzfus.
- Through the 1990’s Dutchland, Inc. became known for packaged wastewater treatment plant production, as well as the production of larger post-tensioned concrete systems. They became NPCA certified and one of the highest NPCA ranked precast concrete manufacturing facilities in the Nation.
- Today, Dutchland, Inc. has 150+ employees and designs and builds advanced wastewater treatment systems (including BNR reduction for the Chesapeake Bay Initiative), water storage tanks, as well as other highly specialized precast concrete structures, such as fire protection tanks. Dutchland’s products are specified and designed by many engineering firms, primarily in the Northeast United States.
- As part of the local community and beyond, Dutchland takes seriously the need and challenge of providing clean water for future generations and attributes its success to the fine employees who have made the company what it is today.
Daniel and Katie Kauffman