Durable. Versatile. Easy.
Dutchland tanks provide unrivaled quality & durability. Our panels are manufactured in an indoor, climate-controlled facility. Our Type I/II cement with the addition of fly ash provides excellent sulphate resistance. Each panel is poured horizontally with our carefully mixed self-consolidating concrete resulting in an extremely smooth surface.
Dutchland tanks are available in circular and rectangular options for various anaerobic digestion process functions, with multiple aesthetic options.
Precast concrete tanks vs. Glass-lined steel tanks
Concrete has better inherent anti-corrosion characteristics than steel.
- The length of life of a steel tank depends upon the longevity of the protective coatings. Once the protective layers of a steel tank are penetrated, even at small points of damage, a corrosion cell develops and the risk of a rapid onset of leaks then occurs.
- Dutchland precast concrete tanks are designed to ACI 350 standards with a 50-year design life.
Concrete is a better insulator than glass coated (and epoxy coated) steel.
- The normal practice for precast concrete reactor tank walls is to leave them exposed on the surface and readily available for inspection. This is unlike insulated GCS (steel) tanks, where the structural tank walls are hidden behind insulation materials and aluminium profiled sheeting. Unseen damage may have occurred during installation.
Concrete can be drilled at any time to make openings.
- Modifying post-tensioned structures to adapt to changes in tank function is very feasible and does not compromise the structural integrity of the tank if done properly. Post-tensioned concrete structural designs are extremely flexible.
- The same cannot be said for steel tanks due to concerns about creating bare steel and corrosion points at any new openings.
Reinforced concrete is inherently a more sustainable material than steel for Anaerobic Digestion
- The extended life of a concrete structure as opposed to the much shorter life of a steel tank renders the concrete option the most sustainable.